Lauyans & Company’s customer came forward with a request. They wanted a pallet accumulation system for their process. Pallets that had been accumulated and stacked need to be dispensed individually on demand to a waiting Automatically Guided Vehicle (AGV).
The customer had a demanding list of requirements:
- Five to six pallets would be manually stacked.
- The system had to accept pallets that were of different thicknesses and of different construction (block and stringer types).
- The system was designed to hold approximately 108 pallets in the queue.
- The pallets would be squared in two dimensions to prevent jamming.
- The pallets would be collected in stacks of up to 18 pallets.
- Pallets would be dispensed one at a time upon demand.
- Communications between pallet accumulator and Automatically Guided Vehicles (AGV) would be accomplished wirelessly.
- The equipment would have sensors that had been pre-wired in Lauyans & Company’s facility.
- Minimize field wiring by using remote Input / Output terminals.
Lauyans & Company completed the project to meet all the requirements. Please see the accompanying pictures for more details.